Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jews at the Western Wall

Palestinian Media Watch has a video from the Palestinian Authority TV station (not Hamas: the PA good guys) which was broadcast over Rosh Hashana: Jews praying at the Western Wall are sinners and filth. (via Elder).

Meanwhile, Geoffrey recommends this video, about the Jews who used to go to jail for the crime of blowing the shofar on Yom Kippur, back in the days before the Zionists had done all those bad things to the Palestinians.



The first hero of the story, the Rav Segal, is no longer alive and doesn't participate in the film. I remember him, however, as a little old man with a white beard and an aura of commitment about him; people used to turn to watch him as he walked the streets of the Old City.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very important video.

Because I read the Berman book, I wanted to read about the Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Huseyni, as he is a significant figure in Berman (and Jeff Herf). I picked up from my library a sympathetic biography by a fellow named Mattar.

According to this biography the cause of the 1921 and 1929 riots was Jews wishing to pray at the Kotel, with chairs and a partition. The nerve!

But if we accept that view, then the dispute has nothing to do with land, but rather with religious tolerance.

Nycerbarb

Unknown said...

I'm amazed that such fascist Zionist propaganda is being displayed, I mean really, an event told through the view point of Israeli's??? you should be ashamed!
on a less cynical note, I never heard stories like this one at my school, in Rishon Le- Zion, Israel.