Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Copenhagen

One cold and wet evening last March we were walking across a university campus in a small German town to the hall where I was scheduled to give a lecture related to the German-language version of Right to Exist. With me was the author of Lizas Welt, a must-read blog for all German-readers because of his unusual ability to see the world through a different set of lenses than most of his compatriots. We'd been talking about the usual things: Middle-East politics and their place in the larger picture. Now, however, he turned to more interesting things, such as the approaching game between Maccabi Haifa and some other team. It was immediately clear that he knew more about the subject than I, somewhat to our amusement, given that it was an Israeli team we were discussing, not a German one.

Last night, so I'm told, some Danish team threw some Jerusalem team out of some championship (further details here), so I'm dedicating this post to all the people who should care less than me but actually care more. Thanks for caring, folks!

No comments: